Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Method 8

I believe that social networking sites have their advantages and disadvantages. I have a personal facebook account because I have found that it's an easy and fun way to stay connected with family and friends. I am concerned about privacy issues, so I would consider that a major disadvantage of social networking sites. It has been reported recently that even if personal information is hidden that it is still easily accessed by anyone who wants to formulate a profile of your shopping habits, political views, etc. We have facebook blocked in our district, so I could not even access 10 Ways You Can Promote Your Library With Facebook. At this point, I cannot imagine any advantage to setting up a facebook account for my library. Wouldn't that take the place of the district library page? I will try to read the article at home so that I can gain some insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment