Monday, October 12, 2009

Method 3

Cloud based computing is a fascinating concept and one in which I was not familiar until I completed the recently assigned readings. The tools and concepts of cloud based computing seem to be the wave of the future, the beauty being that everything from documents to spreadsheets to photos can be stored "in the clouds," thus reducing the amount of storage needed on a personal computer. I can see the benefits of using cloud computing in the library, such as storing book trailers on my blog rather on my hard drive. Students could benefit greatly from utilizing cloud computing, such as accessing their documents, research, etc., from any location. I am a bit cautious about introducing cloud computing to students until I discuss specifics with our tech department, as they are very cautious about opening up social networking to the student population.

No comments:

Post a Comment